Adora flying higher - Interview


 The Adorable Adora is flying high. In my recent interview with the Accappella turned Songstress, highlighted her trip to Europe. After joining VM6 the songstress confessed to me that the six member male Accappella group opened up her eyes and that she started noticing what was or is missing in the local Namibian Music Industry and that according to her, a reshuffle or amendments need to take place in most bodies that control the Local Namibian Music Industry, that benefits every talented Namibian Artist. We asked her a couple of Questions as she updates us on her Music career..

You Collabo a lot, wazup with that?..

 I love working with other artists. at first when I entered in the industry I didn't have any strategy. and I found myself working on so many good songs with different artists. I never saw it as a problem so I kept collaborating. These are the songs that carried me for 7 years. Swartbasters Collabo, It's Over with Jericho, Happy song with ChoCho, Cant be moved with DJay, Tae na Tae with Kavax, Swaai with Tswazis and the list goes on.

And your experience with Kavax?...


 
My experience with Kavax was an eye opener for me. It taught me a lot about how to be inspired by someone. We never wrote the song in our separate time and when we got to the studio, it was instant inspiration and so much fun! Kavax taught me that hits are created when you know and understand exactly what you want. The best way to know if it's a good song is to trust your instincts and try something different.

Tell us more about joining VMSix
 
Adora with VMSix
As recently announced, I have become an official member of the Accappella group called VMSix. My experience so far is priceless and indescribably amazing! At first when I told people that I joined VMSix, the reaction was very negative and people still believe that I will never be able to work on my solo project. As for that....I have a lot of serious decisions to make and thus you will be informed about my future plans in due course. My solo career still continues while singing in VMSix. We are currently touring a couple of Countries around Europe and we have gigs lined up in China too, so VMSix like I said are just the best thing to happen in my music career thus far..

Did you ever work for Omalaeti?
 
 I never worked for Omalaeti. We were supposed to work sign a record deal and when I completed the project things ran sour for me. Me and Arraphat took almost 3 years to complete that project and since the deal was never sealed it's been really hard for me to stand on my two feet as it felt like the ladder was pulled from under my feet. It was so bad that I could not even step into the studio to record a song as all that was on my mind was the hard work I put into the project that fell through.

If you were to change the Local Music Industry and make it better for everyone, what would it be?...
If I had the chance to change the industry I would probably change the disunity amongst artists. We are so few yet so separated. Females go against each other. We don't stand together to protect our rights as musicians which we still do not have because of the disunity.

Seeking a job as an artist: is it a good Idea?

 I do music full time and that's what brings bread on the table. I believe we should all handle it as a job and take it much more serious. Professionalism must be trained and implemented, marketing and project management skills should be given, basic music theory should be taught to musicians and I think there should be benefits for those who have worked as an artist for long ,e.g Medical aid, Insurance, study allowance in certain fields.

Comments

Popular Posts